Math Education: An Inconvenient Truth
MJ McDermott speaks about the current state of math education as a private citizen. KCPQ does not endorse this video.
Math Education: A University View
Professor Cliff Mass discusses math education in the state of Washington.
Seattle School Board Adoption of High School Mathematics Curriculum Michael DeBell comments on “Discovering Algebra, Geometry, and Advanced Algebra”
Dana Center at Bellevue
Uri Treisman and Phil Daro instruct Bellevue teachers on how to deal with math parents.
Math with Madeline
The 5th grader compares different math programs.
Saxon Math at North Beach
Discussion of improvements based on use of Saxon Math
The unintended consequences of the TERC Investigations Math Curriculum
Restoring Math Education for Your Children
A Public Forum from Where’s The Math?
Monday, October 27th, 2008 7:30-9:00 PM
University of Washington Kane Hall – Room 220
The entire forum was video taped. The video segments are available for viewing on YouTube. The video segments are easily found with a YouTube search using wtm forum as the search entry. There are twelve video segments. Links to each video segment are provided below.
- WTM Forum a Intro Oct 08 Part 1
Rick Burke, WTM Executive Chair gives a welcome and introduction.
- WTM Forum b Progress Oct 08 Part 2
Progress in WA Math
Cliff Mass, Professor of Atmospheric Science, UW
- WTM Forum c Progress Oct 08 Part 3
- WTM Forum d Standards Oct 08 Part 4
Standards, Assessments, & Curriculum
Bob Dean, Math Chairman, Evergreen High School
- WTM Forum e Standards Oct 08 Part 5
- WTM Forum f Legislation Oct 08 Part 6
Math Education and the WA Legislature
Ross Hunter, Representative, 48th Dist.
- WTM Forum g Legislation Oct 08 Part 7
- WTM Forum h Call to Action Oct 08 Part 8
Call to Action
Rick Burke, WTM Executive Chair
- WTM Forum i Call to Action Oct 08 Part 9
- WTM Forum Q & A Oct 08 Part 1
- WTM Forum Q & A Oct 08 Part 2
- WTM Forum Q & A Oct 08 Part 3
Elizabeth Carson on Edcast (1 of 2)
Elizabeth Carson on Edcast (2 of 2)
Entertaining and Math Promoting Videos and Raps